WHAT IS FLOAT THERAPY?
Floating is both safe and simple. You firstly shower, get in the roomy floatation pod, lie down and let your mind and body release built up stress, anxiety and tension. The positive effects of floating can often last for several days. Deep relaxation is achieved by allowing your body the freedom to float weightlessly in a concentrated salt solution in a specially designed light proof and sound proof pod.
The quiet darkness of this bliss filled sanctuary allows your mind to remove all the white noise and sensory input of the external world, allowing you to easily slip into a deeply relaxed and meditative state. By freeing your mind from all outside distractions, your body can focus on repairing and rejuvenating itself.
The concentrated Epsom salt solution is super buoyant with high levels of magnesium sulphate, which is easily absorbed through the skin, helping to ease muscular pain, alleviating stress and promote relaxation.
Go into your first float with an open mind, relax back into the water, let go and enjoy the beauty of float therapy.
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash
- Ear plugs
- Private rooms equipped with private showers
WHAT TO BRING?
- Hair Brush
- Loose clothing to put on after your session.
- An open mind
WHAT TO AVOID?
- Caffeine, alcohol or other stimulants for several hours leading up to your float
- Using boxed hair dye within 2 weeks of going for a float – excluding blonde or highlights.
- Shaving within 12 hours of your appointment
- Spray tan within 6 days of your appointment
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment for your induction..
- Be sure to sign the waiver before your appointment.
- Each room is equipped with a float pool and private shower.
- Float therapy is best done nude, so please be aware of that when deciding to float in pairs.
- If you are menstruating, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment to a different stage of your cycle.
- You will float naturally and with no effort so don’t worry if you don’t know how to swim.
Remember: Everyone has a different first float experience, it is recommended that 3 sessions maximise the overall benefits. Similar to other practices like yoga or exercise, the benefits are compounded over time.
BENFITS OF FLOAT THERAPY
- Reduces stiffness & tenderness in the muscles
- Enhances athletic performance by speeding up muscle recovery time and eliminating fatigue
- Promotes blood circulation through the limbs
- Assists with boosting endorphins
- Reduces inflammation, stress hormones & heart rate
- The water and Epsom salt combination help in facilitating the removal of toxins from the body.
- Alleviates chronic pain symptoms (for example arthritis, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis & migraines)
- Relieves discomfort from pre-menstrual & pregnancy
- Improves skin health
- Helps to reduce anxiety, depression, & nervousness
- Combats sleep disorders(one hour in the float tank is the equivalent to 4 hours sleep)
- Increases dopamine & serotonin
- Increases mental clarity, alertness, energy levels, motivation & productivity
- Synchronisesthe right (creative) and left (analytical) hemispheres of the brain
- Allows you to enter Theta brainwave state– ideal for creativity, visualisation, insight & inspiration
- Reach deep states of meditation and relaxation